Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Results Not Typical

Whew. Good loss this week -- 3 pounds, enough to make this week and last average out to something reasonable. That means I've lost 68 pounds, and puts me at 205, which is staring right down the barrel of my next big goal. It won't come next week, or the week after, but I think I can be fairly confident about getting there before the end of summer, which was my stated goal, and even probably before the end of July. So that's something to look forward to, and I can start researching which fancy-pants camera I'm going to get as my reward.

Unfortunately, like last week, I'm not really sure why.

I was sick for most of this week (something somewhere between strep throat and bronchitis) so I wound up skipping almost all my exercise -- I went to the gym Wednesday, but Thursday and Friday I felt too miserable to even try, and over the weekend I was still coughing too much to want to breathe hard. I didn't get back on the Wii Fit until Monday.

To confuse things further, there were a couple of days where I didn't even try to eat my usual number of points (though I did make myself eat meals, at least, since I wasn't nauseous). I think there were three days there where I came in between 4-6 points under minimum. Did that help me lose, or hamstring my metabolism? No idea.

Or was the scale just feeling irritable last week and refusing to register a mild loss? It does that, and not infrequently.

So.. I dunno. Yay, loss, but boo, not really grokking the loss. Oh, well. You take what you can get, I guess.

No comments: