Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shooting Distance

Well. I guess my trip wasn't as bad for me as I'd worried it would be -- all that walking around doing tourist things must have balanced out the eating. I'm down 2 pounds this morning, which puts me at 178 -- that's 95 total pounds lost.

That means I've passed my 4th 10% goal! I'd say it's time to decide on a reward for it, except...

Five more pounds gets me to 100 total pounds lost, and under the 30.0 BMI threshold for obesity (I'll be merely "overweight") for the first time in over 20 years. (I'm not sure exactly when I crossed that line the first time. The summer after my first year of grad school, I was horrified to realize I'd stress-eaten my way all the way up to 195, and I dieted and exercised my way down to about 175 before my feet betrayed me. The 30.0 BMI threshold for me is at about 174 or so.)

Anyway, those are some milestones really worthy of a major celebration, so I think I'll hold off and have one big reward when I get to them. Not sure when that will be, with the holidays right on top of us to lure me into Temptation and interrupt my exercise routines. But that's okay, really, because I don't know what my reward should be, either. Feel free to chime in with ideas!

No comments: