Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Minimal

When I first got on the scale this morning, it said I'd lost a bit over 2 pounds, and then it said "ERR0" which means it needs to be zeroed. So I zeroed it out and stepped on again, and this time it said I lost only half a pound this week. Bleh.

It probably didn't help my case any that I only went to the gym twice this week (it was closed for Memorial Day, and I didn't plan ahead enough to take that into account) and skipped my Wii Fit workout on Sunday after walking all over the museum (but the walk was probably not quite enough to make up for the Fit workout, pointwise). Still, it might be an artificial partial-gain, since I went to a luncheon at work yesterday. Chinese buffet food, even when I plan it out in advance so I don't blow my points, is pretty heavy on salt and makes me retain water for a while.

But it's still slightly disappointing. Especially on top of the extremely craptastic Wii Fit workout I had last night.

So today I'm hoping to be able to hide in my office and get some work done that I've had on my plate for a bit, and to go over to the gym at lunchtime and really get back into the swing of things there, too.

But hey, I'm wearing new pants! Size XL! (I squeezed into a size 16, actually, but it wasn't very comfortable. I would've bought them to fit into in about a month, but like most non-elastic-waisted pants, they gaped hugely at the back, and UGH. I'm never going to be able to get away from tunic-length shirts. And in another twenty pounds or so, I won't be able to buy Lane Bryant's wonderful shape-tailored jeans that actually fit right, waaah! Maybe when I get all the way down to my goal weight, I should splurge on actual tailored pants.)

...Yeah, attempting to be positive just isn't working for me today. Maybe next week.

No comments: