Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pantsed

Weigh-in isn't until tomorrow morning, so I don't know how much things have officially changed between last week and this week, but...

Last week, my work pants were baggy to the point of ridiculousness, but serviceable.

This morning, I pulled on a pair of pants and let go and... they slid nearly all the way down my hips. They were sort of hanging precariously from the very widest bit of my butt, like Harrison Ford on the edge of a cliff, tremulously grasping for a handhold. If I'd taken a few brisk steps, were going to fall off.

Huhn. Okay, well... I dug out another pair of pants I'd been hanging onto because they fit oddly. Those, also, were rather suddenly in danger of exposing everyone in the office to my cherry-print undies.

Uh, well... Can't wear jeans or shorts to work. I wore my culottes over the weekend and they're dirty. Skirt it is!

The skirt is kind of loose around the hips, too; I cinched in the drawstring as tight as it would go -- pulling out a good eight inches of string -- and chose a longish shirt that would hide the waistline.

So I guess I need to take a long lunch and run over to Target and try to find a couple of pairs of pants that I can wear to work.

And I'll be curious to see, tomorrow morning, just how much weight I've lost this week. (Though to be fair, it might not be strictly weight. I recently made a couple of changes to my workouts that put a lot more effort into my legs -- my hips and butt were aching all weekend -- so it might be that, instead.)

No comments: