Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dooby Down

Weighed in at 187.2 this morning -- that's 2.2 lost this week, nudging my total over 85. Which feels a little weird, because I honestly don't think I did anything much different this week from last. Stupid scale, phase of the moon, moisture in the air, blah blah blah. (I ought to be jumping with excitement, but it's just not that kind of day, for reasons having nothing whatever to do with dieting.)

I feel smaller this week, though. Last week, I was thinking I should probably get around to ordering some new bras soonish, as all mine are on their tightest hooks. This week, I'm thinking I need to hurry up and get on with it, because they're feeling loose and not terribly supportive. Maybe last week's smaller loss was accompanied by some internal shifting-and-tightening that's only now making itself felt.

And speaking of progress: It's impressive enough to have lost 85 pounds since I started this diet, but I've been heavier, and this is really close to being an unofficial milestone for me: When I got pregnant with Penny, I weighed 285 pounds. Which means that right now, I'm nearly 100 pounds lighter than I was about seven years ago. That's pretty cool, I have to admit.

No comments: