Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bracing

Well, I weighed in at 174 this morning, which is down 1.2 from last week's "real" weight, so good job, me! (Also, it's a grand total of 99 pounds lost, which doesn't even seem real.)

Of course, I suspect I'm about to fall right the heck back off the wagon, here. Friday is my office's holiday party -- and since I was the coordinator, I already know exactly what awesome food is going to be there. And Saturday is our Christmas party at home (again with the tasty treats). And Sunday is the family party to celebrate my son's birthday.

No matter how restrained I am, getting on the scale Monday morning is going to be painful, I expect.

Oh, well. Let's talk about realistic expectations: I told myself that I'd be satisfied with maintaining through the holidays, which means that my weigh-in on January 6th (the first weigh-in that's completely out of the holiday block) should be no more than 175.6, which is where I was at the beginning of December. And the last time I addressed my goals, back in October, I talked about wanting to hit my 100 total pounds lost mark by the end of January. Which, I think, is still eminently reasonable and perfectly doable, despite the temptations of the next few days.

Which is not so much giving myself permission to misbehave as it is acknowledging reality, taking responsibility for correcting any slip-ups, and promising to move forward without too many glances backward.

No comments: