Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recovery

This morning's weigh-in was 174.2 -- 1.6 for the week, 98.8 total, and putting me this close to being back to my pre-Christmas low.

I decided Monday morning, when the various feasts and dinners and such were all done and it was definitely time to get seriously back on the wagon, that I needed to be especially strict for a week or two. Not just logging and meeting my points goal for each day, but also meeting all the nutrition checkoffs. No junk food at all, even counting points for it -- all snacks must be heavy in nutritional value: fruits, veggies, or yogurt. No evening snacking at all, even fruits or veggies, until I've broken the evening grazing habit. Must absolutely do my 15-minute Wii Fit routine every weekday morning, must absolutely make it to the gym at least three times a week.

So Monday and Tuesday were a bit rocky. I did a lot of pacing and I drank a shocking amount of tea. Today will be rough, too, I expect. And possibly tomorrow. But I've been sliding for the last six weeks or so -- I've been more or less maintaining my weight since Thanksgiving -- and while I'd given myself permission to do so, I need to get back into control if I want this last thirty or forty pounds gone by the end of the year.

Maybe if I'm vigilant and determined, next week's weigh-in will earn me that coveted and elusive 100-pounds-lost mark!

No comments: