Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Signposts and Markers

Back in November, before the holidays closed in, I crossed the threshold on my fourth 10% goal, and at the time, I noted that I was awfully close to a few other major milestones, so I was going to hold off on celebrating that signpost until I'd lost another five pounds.

Then the holidays hit, and I more or less went into a holding pattern for the next six weeks. Which is okay. I'd given myself permission to do that. I'm pretty proud, in fact, that I managed to restrain myself as much as I did. But now I'm back on track and trying to get back on the wagon, and it hasn't been remotely like easy, but I'm (mostly) doing it.

And I've been rewarded for it. This morning's weigh-in put me at 172.8. That's 1.6 for the week, and more importantly, a grand total loss of 100.2 pounds. And the Wii Fit has been reporting for several weeks now that I've dropped below the line that separates "obese" from merely "overweight".

So I passed my fourth 10% goal.

And I'm not obese any more.

And I've lost. One. Hundred. Pounds.

Do you know what difference one hundred pounds makes?

Here I am, a year and a half ago (I'm the one with the baby, though it's worth mentioning that everyone else in that picture has been on Weight Watchers since then, too, and has made similarly impressive progress):
before - summer 2008

...and here I am now:


I'm not even sure someone who hadn't known me for the last two years would be able to recognize me. I still own that t-shirt I'm wearing in the top picture, because it was one of my favorites and I can't bring myself to throw it away -- but it hangs down nearly to my knees like some kind of bizarre minidress. I'm wearing about half size M clothes, and the Ls I'm wearing are almost exclusively because my boobs are DD cups and just don't squeeze into some M cuts. (Which is absurd. I've lost 100 pounds, and my boobs have only gone down one cup size? The husband isn't complaining, natch, but y'know, I'd be okay with a regular D cup, I really would.) I own a pair of size 12 jeans, and they don't even give me a muffin-top (well, not much, anyway).

Mind you, I'm not by any means done. I've got another 30 or 40 pounds to go. (If I lose another 36.4 pounds, I'll be able to say I'm less than half the woman I was -- but that would put me right at about the weight I was in high school, and after 2 babies and with these DD cups, I don't know how feasible that really is. On the other hand, my starting point for this diet is actually not the heaviest I've ever been, so I expect I'll eventually be able to say that anyway.)

But I've made it, over the last 15 months, to these three milestones, and I think it's time to celebrate, and celebrate BIG. I'm still pondering what my celebration/reward should be, but I've got a few notions. Anyone want to offer up any suggestions?

3 comments:

Glossaria said...

Actually, I'd recognize you. ;) You look like you did in *college*! DAMN, girl!!!

*SQUISHhugs*

(And you've officially left me in the dust, drat you, but I've had 2 loss weeks in a row now, so I have the faint stirrings of hope that my plateau is OVER.)

Anonymous said...

ok, you don't know me, and I don't know you, I was blog-surfing along and stumbled onto this blog..so from a complete stranger- WOW! just WOW!

As for a reward, I haven't a clue, but you definatly deserve one.

Mindy said...

I didn't know you really when you started (I knew of you) but you are an inspiration to people who want to make their goals a reality! You look absolutely amazing!!! As far as a reward is concerned, you deserve whatever you have desired and have yet to get it. Go get it!!! Lots of love and hugs to one hard working, inspiratIonal women!!!!!