Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday

That wasn't as bad as I feared.

I think I managed to avoid using flex point on Friday -- again with the estimating amounts of stuff. But I only had one plate at the Chinese buffet (and part of that plate was a bowl of egg drop soup) and then I caved in to decadence and had chicken korma for dinner, with rice -- but I went easy on the rice, and I tried to leave most of the cream-drenched korma sauce in the bowl -- but only one piece of naan. I suggested dessert, but the hubs was too full to want any, and I didn't press it.

And I only used one or two flex points on my birthday. One eighth of a coconut-creme cake works out to about 15 points, nearly half my daily allowance. Luckily, I had planned light-ish meals all day, and skipped my snack entirely.

If I manage to have not gained weight this week, then on Thursday (which has the lightest dinner of the week, if I eat fat-free hot dogs) I plan to use my Coldstone Creamery free ice cream coupon. That's another 14 points there, so I'm likely dipping into flex points again, a bit, but at least there's nothing dangerous planned for the weekend.

No comments: