Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Now We Are Sick

The Weight Watchers website does not have any advice whatsoever to offer for the sick.

Well, I take that back. It recommends not trying to exercise if you have nausea or vomiting, and to start back at a lower intensity once you've recovered, which strikes me as kind of obvious advice.

But it doesn't talk about food. It doesn't suggest trying to stick to the plan; it doesn't condone departing from the plan; it doesn't talk about eating plans for when you're recovering from being ill... nothing. Doesn't mention it at all. Which, I guess, sort of translates to, "eat whatever makes you feel better."

Today isn't weigh-in day, but out of curiosity, I stepped on the scale this morning. I'm down something like four pounds.

Two days of nothing but broth and (for an adventure) toast -- and puking half of it back up again -- will do that to a person, I guess. I might put some of it back on over the course of today as I start to recover lost fluids, but I'm thinking I'm in pretty good shape for tomorrow's weigh-in, and maybe even ahead of the game enough to not really worry too much about Thanksgiving.

No comments: