Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shrunk

So officially, I lost 6.6 pounds this week. (The WW website is serving up a scolding for losing too fast, because I have no way to tell it that it was a perfectly reasonable 1.6-pound loss before I got sick and stopped eating for the better part of three days.)

Of course, being sick probably put the hard brakes on my metabolism, so next week might be a maintain or a gain, to balance it out. And Thanksgiving will make up some of the difference, too. (I'm pondering going off-plan entirely for dinner and then just assuming all my flex points are gone for the rest of the week. We'll see, I guess. I should probably at least try to journal.)

So now I'm down to just a smidge over 250. I'm finally noticing a difference. Not really a visual one, but in my clothes -- my brown pants are no longer cutting into my waist, and my 2X shirts are fitting comfortably.

250 is less than 5 pounds from my first 10% goal, which I'd tentatively set for the end of January. Looks like I might get there in time for Christmas! (Though Christmas might undo that. Sticking strictly to a diet over the holidays, especially while I'm traveling, is just not something that's going to happen.) We'll see, I guess. If I can make it through the holidays without too much damage, then there just might be some hope for me.

No comments: