Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Inspirational

The last couple of weeks, I've been getting a lot of compliments on my weight loss. Probably because I've been wearing my new clothes that actually show it off. Several people have asked me what I was doing, to which I usually respond with the truth: Weight Watchers and going to the gym three days a week.

Monday, one of my co-workers came into my office and said, "You have inspired me! I joined Weight Watchers over the weekend."

I was unprepared for my reaction, which was proud and... proprietary. As if this woman's weight loss belonged to me, somehow.

I'll have to try to rein that in. Her triumphs should be hers, not mine. And if she falls off the wagon or gives up, I don't want to own that, too. But it was still nice to chat for a while about recipes and stuff.

Today's weigh-in: 197.6, which is down 1.2 pounds, for a total loss that's officially over 75 pounds. Go, me!

No comments: