Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stupid Scale

So after not losing any weight last week, this week I'm down to 200.4 -- that's 4.6 pounds in one week (72.6 since I started). I'm not buying it. I really think the scale is getting flaky.

(It's that, or the fact that I tightened up control on my evening snacks -- I didn't eat anything after the kids were in bed beyond my usual diet soda and 0-point ice cream bar, and if I didn't make my minimum points for the day, then I just didn't make my minimum points.)

200.4 is a pound and a half from my third 10% mini-goal, though. Also, "under 200" is the goal that my doctor set me, when I saw him back in February and he was being impressed with the 30-odd pounds I'd lost up to that point. Given the flakiness of my scale, I'm not betting on getting to goal next week, but it's definitely coming soon.

I already changed my goal on the Weight Watchers site (once you make goal, you can't change it again, which is stupid, but now that I know, I make sure to change it when I get down to the last few pounds). And I've started researching fancy SLR cameras, which is what I'd promised myself for getting below 200.

And now I need to think up a reward for the next 10% goal, which is 179. Which, by the by, will be the thinnest I've been since grad school.

I was 190-ish the summer after my first year, and I was so horrified that I went on a diet/exercise spree, walking on my parents' treadmill every single morning and drastically cutting my calories. It lasted about six weeks, during which I got down to 175, but then the problems with my feet completely wiped out my ability to use the treadmill (or even walk at all, for a few days), and the diet fell apart shortly thereafter. I'd speculate I was back up to 190 before I got back to school in the fall.

That was 1994. I'm approaching a weight I haven't been for fifteen years.

Cool.

No comments: