Friday, December 12, 2008

Breakfast

Trying something different for breakfast. I've already switched out my coffee for hot tea, though that's a winter thing, and I'll almost certainly go back to coffee in the spring.

But now I've swapped out one of my two packets of instant grits for a little cup of Fiber One yogurt. It's a one-point reduction, and gives my system a couple of different kinds of food to process, so it seems to last a bit longer.

And since the yogurt takes up some milk/calcium slack, I replaced the half-cup of milk I was drinking with my pills and vitamins with a few swallows of Crystal Light. Which saves me another point.

It's goofy that I'm working on ways to save points right now, because I'm still ending each day with a handful of points to spare. (I'll almost be grateful when I drop to the next category down.) Still, it's good practice for the future. And certainly helpful on days like today, when I've got a pasta, butter, and dessert-laden holiday lunch looming over me.

No comments: