Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Downs and Ups

I'm up 2.2 pounds this week, but since I was down an unnatural 6.6 last week, I'm not stressing over it -- that's still an average of 2 pounds lost each of the last two weeks, and it means I successfully navigated Thanksgiving. (I think. It's hard to tell, what with the whole "regaining fluid weight" thing after being sick.)

And now begins the hell that is the holiday season on a diet.

The regular full-sized candy canes I bought for my advent calendar at work are 1 point each. The Mint Truffle Hershey's Kisses I bought to put in the advent calendar at home are half a point each. So that's an extra 1.5 points per day for me. Not too hard to carve out of my daily allowance, really -- I could just cut back on the milk I have with dinner, or skip dessert. But that's just the beginning.

Wish me luck.

No comments: