Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pants

I bought new pants yesterday. The idea of going to visit my in-laws with a pair of pants that was three sizes too big was just frustrating the hell out of me. (Seriously. They were a little loose on me twenty pounds ago -- now, I can pull them off without unzipping them!)

I mean, I can't wear my jeans the whole week -- if nothing else, I need something to wear on the day we'll do laundry. And my brown pants fit fine, but they're brown, which is not really a good color for Christmas. I needed some black pants. That fit. I have an older pair of stretch polyester pants that could work, but as I discovered last year -- they do nothing to stop the cold. Plus, they're starting to look a bit tatty. So. New pants.

So when I was at Target yesterday to get some cold medicine, I bought some pants. They're meant to be sweat pants, I think, but I don't think anyone is going to notice, since they're relatively tight-fitting, and I wear long shirts that will hide the drawstring. I got a pair of black and a pair that's grey. Not sweatpants-grey, but dark grey, like good wool.

They're size 20/22, for whatever that's worth.

I changed into them as soon as I got home, and it felt so much better.

No comments: