Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ugh.

I was good this week. Ate well, no leftover Easter candy to tempt me, even managed to stick to soup and salad at the birthday luncheon I went to yesterday, consistently came in under my points for the day all week, moderate exercise every day. Three separate people mentioned, completely out of the blue, how good I look and how impressed they are with my weight loss.

I was feeling good and positive as I got on the scale this morning, wondering where it would be. 217? Possibly even a smidge below that?

But... I only lost .4 pounds. 218, for a total loss of 55 pounds. (It couldn't even give me 217.8, for the psychological benefit of a new number. Stupid scale.)

Given that I was good this week, I can only really think of two reasons for it: either I've hit a plateau, or there's some holdover weight gain from last week's anniversary splurge. (I suppose it could also be feminine-cycle weight, but my cycle is completely flipping unpredictable these days. Four weeks? Six? Nine? Whatever.)

Anyway, I won't know if it's a temporary cause or a plateau until next week's weigh-in (assuming I'm good this week, of course). It's a little disheartening, though, to have to consider the possibility that I've gotten rid of all the "easy-come, easy-go" weight that I put on since my last diet a few years ago, and now I'm going to have to struggle for every loss, because from here on out, this is all weight I've been harboring for ten years or more.

That's just the kind of day I'm having, I guess.

No comments: