Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Discovery

This was a complete accident.

We started eating Blue Bunny ice cream because it gave us pre-measured portions of low-carb ice cream, which was an excellent option for my diabetic daughter.

When I started Weight Watchers, I discovered that the Blue Bunny ice cream bars we had in the house were pretty much the same number of points as the WW ice cream (2-3 points each) at significantly lower prices. (My favorite was English toffee, while my daughter prefers butter pecan.)

I went looking for something different this weekend, though, and I saw these fudge bars. In case you don't feel like looking at the link, let me entice you: One ice cream bar is zero points. Two ice cream bars is only one point. It actually says on the box that a serving is two bars. I ate two of them last night. And then I followed it with some Girl Scout cookies. And I was still under my minimum points for the day.

I'm going to start bringing a box of these to my parents' house for big family dinners, for dessert. "Me? I'll have two bars of chocolate ice cream, thanks!" Scrape it off the stick and into a bowl, and no one in the family would know the difference, I expect.

And lest you dismiss it as probably being flavorless or otherwise flawed (like, say, the WW "giant " chocolate ice cream that has so much air whipped into it that I can't eat it on the stick; it droops as soon as I take it out of the wrapping) I'll tell you that the Blue Bunny variety is pretty gosh darned similar to the fudge bars I had in school as a kid -- possibly better, as the outer crust of barely-flavored ice was thinner. Chocolatey and delicious.

Go ye forth, and eat chocolate ice cream, and get skinny.

No comments: